9 Reasons to use Social Media for your Business
Do you use social media for your business? If not you are seriously missing out.
Social media is a free way to build your brand and raise awareness of the services you offer.
The land of social media is growing every day. Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or one of the many other social media channels, this is where your customers hang out… and your competitors too!
Here are 9 reasons why social media is a must for your business…
- Using Social Media for your business is the best shop window you can have. Posting regular updates helps build awareness and credibility.
- Your customers are online. More and more people are using social media channels when looking for a product or service. If you’re not there and your competitors are, that’s a lost opportunity for your business.
- When customers are happy with a product or service they tend to share this joy on Facebook, Twitter etc. If you have a social media presence this can help you gain potential new customers when your name is mentioned.
- Another plus for social media is that you get instant feedback which gives great insight into customers’ ideas, likes and dislikes. Learning from your customers in this way can help when stocking product or promoting services in the future.
- Social Media posts can reach potential clients you may never have thought of. As your post is shared and re-tweeted it gains exposure down many different avenues. Businesses with an established social media presence have gained many good leads from Facebook and Twitter.
- Social Media channels are the fastest and cheapest way to get news to your target market. Daily posts with content relevant to your business and your audience will raise awareness of your brand and service… and furthermore, it’s free!
Facebook statistic: – In the 1st quarter of 2016 Facebook found that 1.09 billion of its 1.5 billion monthly active users visited the site every day.
7. Facebook and Twitter make it an easy and cost effective way to get exposure of your business to the right audience. The gains are obvious when you target your adverts to the right people. You can select a specific audience based on gender, age, location, interests and more. For example – if your business is selling makeup services in Cork, selecting women, ages 18-60, in Cork, with an interest in health and beauty is likely to gain you more positive results than a daily post on your page might do. Learn more from Facebook here
8. Learn how to use the analytics and insights available on social media platforms; they will help you to understand more about your target audience. Study these metrics and you can make sure your next marketing campaign reaches the right people, increasing your return on investment.
9. Good social media content and engagement can boost your search rankings with Google. Both readers and search engines are looking for quality, relevant content. When you post new content on social media with a link to your website and people share it, search engines see the value in this and increase your search engine rankings.
Now do you see the importance of using social media for your business?
Take a look on Facebook or Twitter – do you see your competitors there? If the answer is yes… and it probably is, it seems like you could be missing out on potential sales.