The importance of using visual content has never been greater.
You only have to look at your Twitter or Facebook feed to see evidence of this. Be honest with yourself, do you find that you scroll down the feed only stopping when good visual content catches your attention? Most of us do.
Videos, Infographics and relevant images to support your content are the way forward if you want to engage your visitor, encourage them to interact, check out your website, and purchase your product or service.
You can’t afford to stand still in this new world of content marketing!
Here are a few good reasons for using visual content as part of your content marketing strategy this year…
1. Use relevant images with content on your website pages, as part of your blog post or newsletter – Give people information today and chances are they will remember only 10% of that information three days later. However, putting a relevant image with the info can result in up to 65% of the information being retained three days later.
2. Blogging still remains the most important content for digital marketing (45%) research by Social Media Examiner reported that 34% of marketers selected visual assets as their most important content.
3. Placing an image every 100 words on your blog post helps focus attention and can lead to more social shares.
4. Content with relevant images can get almost double the views of content without relevant images.
5. Coloured visuals can increase people’s willingness to read a piece of content by 80%.
6. While using stock images is a start, allowing more budget and more time to create more compelling visuals will get greater results.
7. Infographics are another great means of visual content for blogs, social media and other digital marketing areas. Again they can take time to put together, but the rewards will show it as time well spent.
8. Eye-tracking studies show internet readers pay close attention to information-carrying images.
9. Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3 times more than any other type of content.
10. Marketing experts predict that the use of infographics will increase substantially in 2016 compared to 2015 – don’t get left behind!
11. Social Media posts with visual content attract more attention and are 40 times more likely to get shared than those without.
12. Facebook posts with images attract more than double the engagement than those without images.
13. Anyone who uses Facebook can’t help but notice the increase in video posts! Between April and November 2015, the amount of average daily video views on Facebook doubled from 4 billion views per day to 8 billion.
14. 14. Adding video content to your website and digital marketing could well be outside of your budget – if not you should definitely consider it.
15. 51.9% of marketing professionals’ worldwide video content shows the best ROI.
16. Use video in your email marketing campaigns, put the word ‘video’ in the subject line can boost open rates by 19% and click-through rates by a substantial 65%.
17. Syndacast predicts 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video.
Now all you need to do is choose the visual content which best suits your business and your target audience. Remember to keep the visuals as consistent with your brand as possible; incorporating your logo and corporate colours helps with familiarity and recognition.
Of course producing this content on an ongoing basis can be challenging for many businesses; if you can’t set aside the time and resources for this important part of your branding, consider outsourcing, it may not be as expensive as you think and the rewards could be bountiful! Talk to Sue in Current Content for more information on how we can help!by