Why is it important to have regular blog posts on your website?
- They will keep it fresh and updated.
- Improve your SEO rankings.
- Increase traffic to your website, even more so when the link is included in your social media posts.
Informative blog posts help potential customers decide if your product or service is the solution to their pain.
There are too many small businesses that still don’t realise the benefits of having a regular blog on their website. Not surprising when there is still a misconception out there that blogs are just for fashion, food and fitness.
We’ve put together 10 reasons to have regular blog posts on your website
- Blogs are content; one of the major ranking factors with Google.
- Posting regular blogs will help to make sure that your business remains visible to potential customers, they add credibility to your website and in turn your business.
- On average, Google gets over 100 billion searches a month. If you are posting regular blogs, with answers to questions your target market will be asking, you will become relevant in searches and generate more leads through your website.
- Statistics show that 77% of Internet users read blog articles – do you really want to miss out on this?
- Blogs will help drive traffic to your website. Businesses that post regular blogs receive 55% more traffic to their site and have 434% more indexed pages than those that don’t blog. A new blog post means a new web page focused on a specific topic that is relevant to your target audience; their questions and pain. This then triggers the indexing process which basically means that people searching Google and 434% more likely to find businesses that blog in their search results, than businesses that don’t.
Have we convinced you yet of the benefits of regular blog posts on your website?
- Writing blog posts gives your business the opportunity to educate potential customers and show them your expertise in your field. This in turn builds trust with visitors to your site showing them that you are the company they should talk to.
- 47% of buyers view three to five pieces of content before starting the sales process. This means you should; a) blog regularly and b) include content to encourage the various stages of the buying funnel. Top of the funnel content will attract new potential customers. Middle of the funnel will build trust and reassurance of your company and its products.
- Businesses that prioritise blog posts as an important part of their marketing strategy are 13x more likely to achieve a positive return on investment.
- Blog posts are said to be the 5th most trusted source for accurate online information.
- Content marketing, of which blog posts are a major part, is the ‘New SEO’. Without fresh relevant content, which is mainly added to your site through blog posts, your website will plunge into the murky depths of the WWW.archives!
Now can you afford not to have regular blog posts on your website in today’s digital world, where the start of any buying cycle begins with a Google search?
Of course the blog post is the important subject here, but it is worth saying that a good social media strategy to share the content of your blog and drive traffic to your website will increase the potential to generate more business.